Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Configure on-premises data gateway to analyze on-premises data with Power BI

Recently I configured Power BI on-premises data gateway to connect on-premises SQL Server Analysis Services to Power BI. 

My objective was to make my on-premises data source to be available as a data source in Power BI. Then I will create my reports without a hassle. 

Following are the steps I followed

Step 01: Download on-premises data gateway installer

















Step 02: Install on-premises data gateway installer



















Step 03: Configure on-premises data gateway installer from on-premises server





















Step 04: Configure Gateway from Power BI side











































Let's try this out































































That's all we need to do.

No comments: