Monday, April 25, 2016

Resolve error : “This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products” in SharePoint 2013 farm

Recently I came across an error like this in one of our SharePoint 2013 farms. The entire SharePoint farm was not available, even the Central Administration site gave me the exact error message

image

The error is related to database. Anyway I did’t do any changes to permission or any other modifications to bring my farm down. However I thought of checking the status of database server. I navigated to DB server and SQL Server Configuration Manager.

Due to some strange reason SQL Server service was stopped. It may be due to an unplanned restart of the server.

image

image

Once I started the service, my SharePoint farm came back to life

No comments: